Mission and Vision
University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute delivers innovative, high-quality, and cost effective rehabilitation and surgical services to the community and region. We provide:
- An interdisciplinary continuum of care including inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation and additional services as required.
- A proactive environment for patient safety, implementing improvements as patient safety risks are identified.
- A site for public and professional health care education and research.
UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute's vision is to become widely recognized as an integral component of the University of Maryland Medical System in its role as:
- A regional hospital specializing in the provision of acute, chronic and outpatient rehabilitation services;
- A regional hospital specializing in the provision of a full array of orthopaedic services for adults and children;
- A high quality provider of specialized medical/surgical programs.
- Quality and Compassionate Care
- Excellence in Service
- Respect for the Individual
- Patient Safety
- Quality in Research and Education
- Cost Effectiveness
- Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Spinal Cord System of Care
- Brain Injury Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient
- Stroke Specialty Program