Simethicone (By mouth)
Treats pain and pressure of excess gas in the stomach and intestines.
Anti-Gas Ultra Strength, Bicarsim, Bicarsim Forte, Gas Relief, Gas Relief Drops, Gas-X, Gas-X Extra Strength, Gas-X Thin Strips Extra Strength, Gas-X Ultra Strength, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Gas Relief, Good Sense Gas Relief, Good Sense Infants' Simethicone Drops, Infants' Gas Relief, Mi-Acid Gas Relief, Mytab Gas
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
Capsule, Tablet, Thin Sheet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often. Always follow dosing instructions on the label when taking this medicine without your doctor's advice.
- This medicine works best if you take it after meals and at bedtime.
- Chew the chewable tablet before swallowing.
- Shake the oral liquid well just before each use. Measure the medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature away from heat, direct light, and moisture. Do not freeze the oral liquid.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking soda or soft drinks, or eating foods that may cause an increase in stomach gas.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- You should not use more of this medicine in a 24-hour period than your doctor orders, or more than the dose listed on the medicine label directions.
- Talk to your doctor if you have problems with gas often. There may be a serious but treatable cause.
- No severe side effects have been reported with the use of simethicone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 11/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.